Recent twitter entries...

The Best Valentine's Day Ever

Well, my mom told me it had been too long since I had written. If I am going to be a true blogger, then I better blog. Since she is 50% of my audience, I now concede to her demands.

I have actually been meaning to write about this subject for quite some time...17 days to be exact. You see, I know that because the details of this blog occurred on Valentine's day, and simple math told me the rest. However, I was thrown off temporarily as I debated whether or not this was a leap year. (I keed.)

Anyway, if you have ever dreamed of the most romantic day/night out with the love of your life, it most likely did not include the Amazon jungle. Well, I am here to blow all of your dreams out of the water. Both of you reading this know that I am recently married, and this was the first Valentine's day I would spend with my new husband. Six months ago, I pictured carriage rides and candle light, but little did I know that my new adventure buddy would lead me elsewhere.

On February 12th, we boarded a plane for Bogota, Colombia. We spent six days in South America exploring the Amazon and working with orphaned children in Laticia, Colombia. During the excursion, we were able to visit Peru and Brazil as well. I could right a book if I wanted to share with you the events of the entire trip, but I am choosing the abridged version. I call it (as you may have seen above) The Best Valentine's Day of My Life.

I would hope that it would have been the best even if I had spent it in the states, being a newlywed and all, but we upped the ante a bit just for kicks. We started the day at La Aljaba, the orphanage, (Spanish for "The Quiver). We threw a huge birthday party for all of the chidlren who had been born in January or February. There were actually three members of our team who had been born in these months as well. There was cake, ice cream, singing, dancing...pretty much the best birthday party I have ever been to.



Of course, Chris had to share my love that day with Esteban and Roberto...


After the party, we headed to a lake (whose name I have forgotten), to kayak through the jungle.


Chris is not the biggest fan of having his picture taken...


We finished the day off at a pizzeria in Tabatinga, Brazil...


And that was all in just one day!

KJ

Comments (2)

What a wonderful day! I am so excited to see you happy and healthy and in love. I look forward to following your many adventures with Chris through your blog. I love you!

Ok now I am 100% if your comments. LOL What a beautiful couple you make! I love you both!

Post a Comment